Cannoli Recipe

until I started making my own.I know, I know that sounds really egotistical, but it’s true!
This cannoli recipe (in my opinion) is one of the best.There is just something super weird about that cinnamon oil ~ rubbery texture I’ve had in many other bakery cannolis that I just never liked.
I make my cannoli recipe with just a few very basic ingredients.It is more of a cannoli mousse though, so it can be used not only to fill cannoli shells, but I love this recipe as a filling for myCannoli Cake!See what you think, and YES you can leave out the gelatin (or substitute with Agar Agar)If you can get your hands on Impastada Cheese – EVEN BETTER!But good ol’ ricotta works fine! Just try to get a brand that has very little moisture.

Cannoli Recipe

Ingredients
  • Ricotta Cheese 15oz container (420g) - *If you can get Impastada Cheese this is the best.
  • Confectioners Sugar 1 cup (120g)
  • Ground Cinnamon ¼ teaspoon
  • Unflavored Gelatin Powder 1 Tablespoon (8g)
  • Cold Water 3 Tablespoons (45ml)
  • Miniature Chocolate Chips 1 cup (175g)
  • Heavy Cream 1 cup (240ml)
  • Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon (5ml)

Instructions
  • Bloom the gelatin in the cold water and let it stand to absorb for about 5 minutes.
  • Meanwhile combine the ricotta cheese and the sifted confectioner's sugar together in a medium mixing bowl.
  • Then add the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
  • At this point the gelatin should be bloomed and you can now melt it over low heat in a small saucepot, or in a microwave safe bowl for only 5-10 seconds at a time until it is melted.
  • Whip the heavy cream to medium peaks and then add the melted gelatin mixture while whipping on high - continue whipping to medium- firm peaks
  • Fold this stabilized whipped cream into the ricotta cheese mixture in the bowl and then fold in the chocolate chips.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel

Read More About This Recipe Click Here